Written by: Anna Pope, APSU Junior, Public Relations
Now that you’ve received your RSVPs and have an estimate of who will be at the wedding and how many people will be at the wedding, you need to choose table styles. Most people usually use the round tables but there are a few other options for you to choose from.
- Round tables are the most popular table style for weddings.
- Each table usually sits around 8 to 10 people.
- This style of tables is also usually free with the venue.
- They are easy for facilitating conversations between lots of people.
- They also usually only require one centerpiece each, which will save you money in the long run, especially if you have flower centerpieces.
- Square tables are the least popular table style for weddings.
- Each table generally seats around 4 to 8 guests.
- You will need more tables and space to accommodate your guests if you go with this style.
- This style gives a more modern and sleek feel to the wedding.
- They encourage socializing and create a unique room design.
- These generally cost more because venues don’t typically have them in stock so you will have to order them, along with special linens to fit them.
- This style of table is long and rectangular.
- It is usually used for family-style dining.
- These tables usually give the event a more elegant feel.
- Some venues have these tables in their inventory so you might not have to pay extra for them.
- This style is very large so sometimes it does not fit the space with the guest size.
- Centerpieces will be more expensive because you will need more than one for each table.
- If you love all the styles and just can’t decide, “congratulations!” you don’t have to.
- You can mix and match different table styles any way you want.
- This gives the event a more unique and eclectic feel.
- When arranging this make sure that the flow in and out of the venue will be safe for all the guests and that no tables or chairs get in the way of entering and exiting.